Congratulations, you've just inherited your own Sherlock! Watch as he runs around your desktop and glares at you. If you get bored of watching him, you can pick him up with the mouse and chuck him around for a bit.
WARNING: Sherlock has the ability to clone himself.
Shimeji are little mascots that run around the desktop, and there are many others on dA. This is my first attempt at one. The original Shimeji can be found here: [link]
Shimeji can only be run on windows, and you will need the latest java.
--Instructions for use (UPDATED)
1. Click download link on the side and wait for it to download
2. Double click the downloaded .rar file and a new window should pop up with a 'Sherlock' folder. If that doesn't happen, you need an extractor like winrar
3. There should be a button saying something like 'extract to'. Click it, and specify an easy to remember location. This should extract the whole folder to this location
4. Go to the extracted folder and double click the .exe to get started.
5. To remove, delete the folder
6. To edit the images (give sherlock ginger hair or w/e) go to the 'img' file and you will find all the .pngs. Edit these to your liking =]
Right clicking the icon at the bottom of the screen brings up a menu in japanese. The options are:
1. Create a new sherlock
2. Have the sherlock come over to your mouse
3. Delete all sherlocks but one
4. Return any IE screens the sherlock may have thrown off
Aaaaaaah where do I download?
Over there -->
When I clicked the .exe a box came up in japanese and nothing happened! What went wrong?
Make sure you extract the whole folder, not just the .exe
[Nothing/something unexpected] happens when I open the downloaded file! What do I do?
You need an extractor like winRAR
--Making your own Shimeji:
Download an existing Shimeji, maybe the original, maybe this one.
Go to the 'img' folder and alter all the images as you wish
The images are all called shime[number].png
2-3. walk cycle
5-10. picked up swinging
12. holding wall
13-14. climbing wall
15-17. idle after being called to mouse
18-19. impact and bounce
20-21. lying and crawling
23. holding ceiling
24-25. moving on ceiling
26. looking up
30-31. sitting down and hanging legs
32-33. kicking legs
34-36. pushing window walk cycle
37. thrown the window
38-41. pull clone from floor
42-46. clone self
Anyway, this was fun to make! If anyone picks up any weird animations, please comment telling me so I can fix him.
(The mirrored speech bubble can't be fixed, it's direction depends on the direction Sherlock is facing)
Sherlock for mac: [link]
(converted by ~shinobitokobot